Who We Are:
Twitter is seeking a product manager to guide investments in the future of our developer platform and data & enterprise solutions business. Our API is used by hundreds of thousands of developers globally to build innovative experiences on Twitter and using Twitter data. Our recent investments to create a rich canvas for businesses (including features like Quick Replies, personalization tools in Direct Messages, the Account Activity API, and more) to talk to their customers on Twitter sparked a new wave of developer interest in our platform. Your job will be to build and extend our momentum with business focused developers.
Our team has a record of successfully delivering high-value products that form the foundation of Twitter’s developer platform; supporting thousands of new businesses in social data analytics, social customer care, and more. Additionally, our products provide a fast-growing, durable revenue stream that is critical to Twitter’s strategy.
Twitter’s data products are mission-critical and are relied upon by a wide-range of developers large and small. Product quality and reliability are highly valued by our customers and we ship carefully and intentionally.
What You’ll Do:
You will join a practical, customer-focused team with a mature approach to building and delivering product. We believe that how we work has an outsized impact on our performance and have developed a strong philosophy for the structure and responsibilities of Product Management. You will help us continue to refine and improve our approach.
Your role with us will have a significant impact on our business. You will be expected to:
- Work directly with an engineering team in all facets of day-to-day software development to deliver upon business priorities
- Obtain subject matter expertise for and assume ownership of a set of core products
- Collaborate with other product managers to envision, define, and execute important new strategic initiatives
- Help evaluate tradeoff decisions that arise in the software development process
- Define what success means for your products and guide the team to make investment and divestment decisions based on business outcomes
- Guide cross-functional teams including marketing, support, and sales to bring products and functionality to market
Who You Are:
We’re looking for a proven individual with a strong background in execution who is comfortable working with APIs (or other developer tools). We imagine an ideal candidate would be process and execution oriented and adept at translating customer needs into engineering requirements and prioritizing them based on business priorities and opportunities.
If this sounds like you, you probably have:
- A track record of shipping high-value project/products in a digital market
- Technical depth that lets you understand and earn the respect of world-class engineers
- Experience working with sales professionals to develop a deep understanding of customer needs
- Exceptional ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and compelling manner
- Strong analytical background to seek data driven rigor in decision-making
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years of product management, program management, or project management experience in a software development, consulting or agency environment that delivers product on the web. Other relevant experience will be considered
- Demonstrated success guiding cross-functional teams and stakeholders to ship successful customer outcomes
- Experience in developing and overseeing multiple concurrent projects, including milestones, schedules and budgets
- Experience building software that integrates with Twitter APIs
- Strong understanding and experience working within Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Strong familiarity with market trends related to business’ use of social platforms
- Strong familiarity with common enterprise software suites that relate to social data including marketing, CRM and e-commerce
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://careers.twitter.com/en/work-for-twitter/product-manager-data-products.html →