Director of Product Management
About the Company
DigitalGlobe is a leading provider of commercial high-resolution earth observation and advanced geospatial solutions that help decision makers better understand our changing planet in order to save lives, resources and time. Sourced from the world’s leading constellation, our imagery solutions deliver unmatched coverage and capacity to meet our customers’ most demanding mission requirements. Each day customers in defense and intelligence, public safety, civil agencies, map making and analysis, environmental monitoring, oil and gas exploration, infrastructure management, navigation technology, and providers of location-based services depend on DigitalGlobe data, information, technology and expertise to gain actionable insight. DigitalGlobe is a public company listed on the NYSE as DGI, and is headquartered in Westminster, Colorado.
The Director, Product Management – Commercial Imagery Products is responsible for driving profitable growth through the management and marketing of DigitalGlobe Commercial Imagery products. The Director will reside within the Commercial Imagery group and will work to develop and implement the strategy set by Leadership, key stakeholders, and other cross functional teams. The position requires an in-depth understanding of market requirements from buyers and users of satellite and aerial imagery. The position involves close interaction with the key customers, sales, regional marketing, product strategy, development, and operations. A background in geospatial markets, enterprise platform markets, and geospatial/enterprise business models is strongly desired. Job duties include gathering market requirements, developing and executing product business plans, working within a Scaled Agile Framework, and driving opportunities to achieve DigitalGlobe’s goals.
The candidate must be flexible and able to work both in teams, and independently. They must be an organized, self-starter comfortable engaging business and technology decision makers within DigitalGlobe, within partner organizations, and with potential customers. They must possess strong analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills in order to communicate vision, strategy and tactics across multiple stakeholders. As the internal and external evangelist for the product offerings the position requires big-picture vision coupled with the organizational skills and the internal drive to make the product vision a reality.
- Work with product management/marketing and sales leads to perform market research and assessment of target market(s) for products
- Develop product roadmaps aligned with the corporate strategy, capabilities, and partner roadmaps
- Work with Sales and Finance to accurately forecast and monitor the success of products
- Develop product requirements that can be used in the Scaled Agile Framework with DigitalGlobe Engineering and Operation teams in the creation of new product capabilities.
- Work with product marketing, sales, and strategy to identify areas for growth and create market positioning that drives adoption of products and differentiating features
- Support Sales in the development of positioning, presentations, and customer visits
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or geospatial required. Masters preferred
- 10+ year’s work experience required. 15+ preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%
- Excellent cross-functional skills across customers, sales, marketing, operations, and engineering
- Self-starter, with demonstrated success working in a deadline driven environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and work independently and in teams.
DigitalGlobe offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off
Applicants for this position will be required to take and pass a drug test.